Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

lost

I lost my smile
It was with me this morning
and even at lunch.

Mid afternoon, I think that's
when it happened...

During that conversation
when the tears began to fall
my spirit crushed
sin exposed
dislike revealed
stupidity displayed
self worth diminished
...all a misunderstanding.

It's gone. Lost. Scared off.
I feel it lying in the shadows
I think
Fearing to come out.

But I miss you, my smile
my heart, my soul miss you too -
without you, I have no me.

Please come back, my smile
tomorrow is a new day
a fresh new day.

Return to me, my smile
my heart is nothing
without you.

Return to me, my heart
my soul is nothing
without you.

Return to me, my soul
I am nothing
without you.

If I forgive
myself
will you, my smile,
return?

2 comments:

Jane said...

Wow...Im not sure I have words for how this impacts me...but thank you..because it stirs something in me...I pray your smile finds you!
Love,
Jane

Anonymous said...

I love the Lost followed by the Found poems. I'm glad you found your smile. [I'm sure I'm not the only person who likes seeing it] I love your poems, deAnn. Sometimes ourselves are the hardest person to forgive.