Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dove Deception

I have a friend who's weakness is Dove Chocolates. Today during a frantic search for anything sweet, I came across a bag of well hidden dark chocolate Dove chunks in an unsuspecting kitchen drawer. Not sure how they got there, but I was thrilled to find them. I grabbed a handful, maybe 5 or 7, but who's counting, and sat down to watch a favorite TV show.

As I quickly unwrapped the brown foil wrapper to reveal the delicious treasure inside, I was distracted by something unexpected. There, under the rounded-corner square chocolate chunk was a white circle and a message, "Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can." Wow, that's deep, I thought to myself.

Well, I was so INSPIRED by that message that I popped the candy in my mouth and quickly opened another piece to see what inspirational words waited my viewing. This time, "Simply be, rather than do, for a moment". I reflected on that as the first piece fully melted away in my mouth just in time to pop the second piece in. Wow, these are really cool! What's next? I thought to myself. So I grabbed a third piece of chocolate and unwrapped it only to read, "Share our similarities, celebrate our differences." Oh, and I popped that piece into my mouth.

I unwrapped the next one wondering what uplifting message I'd find, "believe in yourself." Okay, that one is a bit boring...but, it was then that I realized what was happening. Those sneaky Dove Chocolate people...they got me! Intrigued by the hidden messages that are under the candy, I plowed through several pieces of chocolate before I even knew what was happening!! I wonder now, how many calories I consumed anticipating the most moving hidden message...

Now I need to go for a run...

grace & peace ~ deAnn

1 comment:

marion said...

I'm eating a Dove dark chocolate right now! Mine says - "Live in the present, forgive your past." I forgot that they have those quotes in the wrapper.