Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

Self Image


My 16 year old son, Ty, loves to play with the iMac and its built in camera. It has all kinds of silly filters and effects to mess around with. (Honestly, this is not an accurate image of him!) But it makes me crack up every time I see it!

This made me think of the way we view ourselves. Due to junked up filters, I can see me one way and another person can see me 100% different. Who would be right? Life gives us these filters and causes an inaccurate view of who we were created to be. Some popular filters are: hurt done to us or caused by us, sinful nature, poor self esteem, lack of self awareness, just to name a few...

You know what? Even if Ty really looked like this carnival mirror image, God would love him just the same because He made him. And what God makes - is beautiful beyond measure. Hard to imagine that, huh? The world would call (this image of) Ty a freak, an outcast, a detriment to society and never once stop to get to know the heart that lies underneath the "world defined" ugly.

Do I see myself like this - inaccurately and ugly? Do you see yourself that way? Do bad filters keep us from seeing ourselves and others in the beautiful way God intended? Sure, we're human. But we long for a Divine filter to view the world and all it's people the way God sees them. Beautiful beyond measure. Ahh...heaven will be like that. One day...
grace & peace ~ deAnn
Posted by Picasa

No comments: