Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Live Into the Skin

You gave me bones,
You gave me blood,
You gave me skin,
You gave me spirit.
They should all work together
to be the me You created me to be.

Bones and spirit
encapsulated by skin.
My skin is what people see
with their eyes.
My spirit is what people see
with their heart.

My bones create the structure
that my spirit lingers in.
My bones give structure
for my skin to rest upon.

What is seen with the eye
is not the true me.
Not the complete me.
I am so much more than just my skin.

Help me Jesus to live
fully into my skin.
To be the me
You created me to be.

I feel I'm on the verge
of something big,
something of You.

Abolish my fears.
Murder my doubts.
Transform my hesitation
into confident action.

I desire to live fully into my skin.
And as I do - people will see You.

3 comments:

Evan said...

This is a beautiful prayer, deAnn. I love the way you marry body and spirit.

Carol said...

Wow....
You are a Moses no more!
You are truly an inspiration and I love how you express yourself and allow Jesus to express Himself through you!
Love,
Carol

deb said...

I am privileged to watch this happen, and I pray for its continued unveiling.
Blessings my friend, deb