Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Desert Island

Desolate, dry, very little life.
Surrounded by acres of water
but no moisture makes it to land.
An island, all alone, drifting.
Drifting because it is not safely
anchored to the Earth like all other islands.
Drifting, lifeless, hot and dry.
No greenery, no waterfalls,
no mountain peaks of snow.
Only dust.
Lonely dust.
Other islands try to welcome the free floating desert, but it chooses to move away,
farther away. Becoming not just lonely,
but all alone.

2 comments:

Jane said...

deAnn,
Great writing! I love the part about "other islands try to welcome it...but it chooses to move away"...Makes me think of how I am always welcomed by Jesus, to come and sit at his feet, but I choose to move...making me feel the same end result...alone. Thanks so much for this post, the picture is a wonderful image to connect with the words.

Love ya,
Jane

Carol said...

Hey dee,
Very beautifully written...that island distinctly reminds me of myself...
Love,
Carol